Friday 14 November 2014

Women over 40: Stuck in a Makeup Rut?


What we at FACED are finding is that particularly women over 40 have gotten themselves into makeup and skin care ‘ruts’. Many have been using the same products and the same techniques that they began when they were 20, with very little variation.  

Here are comments from one of our ‘mature’ clients who has recently experienced an epiphany about her skincare:

“I personally am heading towards 60 faster than I care to think about and until about a year ago this is exactly the situation I was in. I was quite simply in a rut – I hadn’t changed my skin care regimen or my makeup application since I first began having children. It had to be simple, fast and easy – and I really didn’t pay much attention to what I was putting on my skin, thinking that if it was an approved product and on the market, it would be okay.

Then I booked an All About MUA party with the professional makeup artists from FACED for me and some friends, and all of a sudden my eyes were opened. With one fell swoop I cleaned out drawers of creams, lotions, cleansers, toners, and makeup – some of which I was saving because ‘you never know when you might need it’ (and it’s paid for so I might as well use it!) – and totally revolutionized my skin care and makeup regimen. My cosmetic case when I travel is so tiny now that I feel I must be forgetting something, but the products from HAUT are so versatile that you can easily make do with only a couple of items.

My other issue has been that like many women my age, we grew up with no SPF and using baby oil (sometimes with iodine!) to ‘tan’ in. But as everyone knows, it was a different time and a different sun back then! Obviously, skin damage is an issue, but during a recent trip to Florida I used the HAUT Raspberry Elixir with SPF 30 for my sunscreen and managed to tan beautifully with absolutely no sunburn. Unfortunately I can’t reverse the damage done in all the prior years, but now I use only a vegan, non-toxic, organic sun protection product and hopefully things won’t get any worse (except for the normal signs of aging.)”

Catherine H., age 57

Thank you for sharing this with us – November is our focus on mature skin and this short story basically summarizes all the key points we wanted to make!

Put your best FACEd forward and see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment